Monday, February 10, 2014

ALBC Bootcamp Week 1


Wow, I can't believe it has been over a year since I put anything on here.  I need to get more active again.

A year ago I decided to take the plunge and try Club Scraps monthly kits.  I choose to do the lite kit (or junior as it was called then)  Each kit makes 8 layouts a month and sometimes the kit also has a project in it. Quite often they come with a new (to me) marker, pen, etc. I am loving the club scrap materials and find that their card stock and patterned paper is superior to many of the other companies.  I decided to try something new this winter and have signed up for their ALSB bootcamp.  ALSB stands for Assembly Line Scrap Booking.  I really enjoy this method and have made some awesome layouts over the year that are beautiful. I think that this challenge is going to be ideal as for each each entry uploaded Club Scrap will be donating money to Operation Write Home. This is a neat program where you make cards for our soldiers to send home to their families so that they can stay in touch.  In the past, I have had my Clover Kids make cards for this project.  Of course, since there are many veterans in my family it is also a project that I can get behind.  I know how much it meant for my mom to receive a letter or note from my brother when he was stationed overseas.

This weeks assignment was to use something metallic on your pages.  On the top layout, the green photo mat paper is a metallic green type of paper (It actually is the same as the base paper for the layout on the right.)  The layout on the right, besides having the base paper be a metallic green it also has some brads at the top.

These papers come from the Watercolor Blossoms set that was a special Release kit.  The pictures are a few that are left over from the Washington Musical Charlotte's Web when Kristen was in 6th grade.  The colors and flowers were perfect for that summer county fair type of atmosphere.

No comments: